The YRBS is the largest public health surveillance system in the United States. While Cuyahoga County data are not included in the national survey data, it is important to maintain a reliable source of health behavior data at the local level. We present the data in two ways, full reports for all behaviors and topic-specific reports.
The YRBS data can be used in many ways. Locally, data are most commonly used to:
- apply for funding surrounding a local health issue
- evaluate the impact of curriculum and interventions in schools
- provide data for press releases and policy decisions
- assess trends in health risk behaviors over time and across regions
- compare county progress to achieving national benchmarks for Healthy People 2020