Thank you for your interest in working at the Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods. Our mission is to foster partnerships within Cleveland’s urban neighborhoods for developing, testing, and implementing strategies to prevent and reduce the burden of chronic disease utilizing a community-participatory approach.
As part of the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, we offer a stimulating, dynamic work environment that is part of one of the nation's top research universities.
The PRCHN is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.
Graduate Student Research Assistant
The Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods is conducting an evaluation of the Cuyahoga County Board of Health’s Teen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP) project funded by the Office of Adolescent Health. The project involves the implementation of evidence-based comprehensive sexual health curricula in schools and the community. The project is seeking a graduate student research assistant to assist with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis and the development of evaluation reports for project partners and funders. The preferred candidate will have a strong background in applied public health research, community engaged research, and research with adolescents.
Primary responsibilities of the graduate student research assistant:
- Assist the project director and project coordinator with data collection, entry, and analysis of survey, fidelity checklist, and focus group data.
- Assist with the development of reports and presentations related to the evaluation research.
The graduate student research assistant will possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of evaluation research methodology.
- Experience with statistical analysis of large data sets.
- Experience with qualitative methodologies.
- Ability to communicate findings effectively.
- Capacity to work in an interdisciplinary team as well as independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point) and SPSS.
- Familiarity with Qualtrics Survey Software.
Hours: 20 hours/week
Payment: $15-17 per hour commensurate with experience
Please direct questions to Dr. Sarah Koopman Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.