Anticipated Term: April 2017- October 2017
The PRCHN is recruiting a FreshLink Intervention Facilitator to assist with our core research, “FreshLink,” from April 2017- October 2017. The aim of the FreshLink study is to increase access to nutritious foods among people receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly Food Stamps) benefits. The FreshLink Study is a multi-phase, mixed methods study that will occur in Greater Cleveland. In the current year, we are implementing our intervention, which uses a through peer-to-peer outreach model (FreshLink Ambassadors) to promote awareness of and social connectedness to markets.
We are seeking FreshLink Intervention Facilitator candidates with the following qualities:
• Community engagement experience
• Comfortable working in Cleveland Neighborhoods
• Knowledge of Cleveland neighborhoods (specific interest in Cudell, Glennville and University Circle neighborhoods)
• Experience teaching or ‘coaching’ personally and/or professionally
• Experience following and implementing a curriculum
• Well organized with attention to detail
• Experience teaching a curriculum to groups of individuals
• Passionate about healthy eating and food access
• Available to attend all FreshLink Ambassador trainings on the following dates:
Tuesday, April 18th 2:30-430pm Thursday, April 20th 2:30-430pm
Tuesday, April 25th 2:30-430pm Thursday, April 27th 2:30-430pm
Tuesday, May 2nd 2:30-430pm Thursday, May 4th 2:30-430pm
Tuesday, May 9th 4:30-6:30pm Thursday, May 11th 2:30-430pm
Tuesday, May 16th 2:30-430pm Thursday, May 18th 2:30-430pm
Tuesday, May 23rd 2:30-430pm Thursday, May 25th 2:30-430pm
Primary duties for the FreshLink Intervention Facilitator includes:
• Co-Facilitate FreshLink Ambassador Training with FreshLink Program Manager and Research Assistant.
• Assist in development and implementation of FreshLink Ambassador community events and Market Day Events;
• Provide technical support and assistance to FreshLink Ambassadors throughout project term;
• Assist with promotion of FreshLink project utilizing social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram);
• Assist with the coordination of FreshLink Ambassador teams;
• Attend weekly team meeting.
The FreshLink Intervention Facilitator will be working in a team-oriented environment and must show capacity for working independently yet collaboratively. Candidates must have strong organizational and written and oral communication skills.
Candidates must be available to work onsite at the Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods and within the community at designated research locations. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in Cleveland communities around nutrition and food access.
Up to 6 hours/weekPayment:
Hourly pay; $16 per hour
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter expressing interest and describing your teaching/training and community outreach experience to Rachael Sommer (email@example.com
). Please include “FreshLink Application-FreshLink Intervention Facilitator” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. Estimated start date is April 10, 2017.